Being able to make comparisons is important. Below you will learn some common phrases to help you talk about similarities and differences.
Sentence Starters to Talk about Similarities
_________ is like _______.
________ is similar to _________.
They both __________.
They don’t __________.
They can’t ___________.
- This is like that.
- They both can swim great.
- They can’t read yet.
- Emily is similar to James. They both love to dance.
Sentence Starters to Talk about Differences
- ________ is bigger than ________.
- ________ is smaller than ________.
- ________ is better than _________.
- ________ is more expensive than __________.
- ________ is nicer than _________.
- ________ is more helpful than _______.
- The elephant is bigger than the mouse.
- The BMW is more expensive than the Honda.
- This shirt is nicer than that one
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Sentence Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice