There are any types of places to live; with a house and an apartment being the most common. Below you will learn some vocabulary to help you talk about and describe where you live.
- Urban:a population dense area, main area of a city
- Rural: a place where very few people live
- Suburb: a place outside of the city but not too far away
- Apartment: several rooms that form a dwelling, there are usually many in the same building
- Condo: Similar to an apartment by is usually privately owned
- Duplex: house that is separated and has two separate dwelling areas
- House: single family home/building
- Rent: you pay a monthly fee to live in a place
- Own: the property is your personal possession
- Roommate: someone you live with
- I rent __________.
- I live in __________ .
- I pay ______ per month for rent.
- I live with ______________ in a ______________.
- 1- I rent a two bedroom apartment downtown. My friend John is my roommate.
- 2- I live in a rural area outside of Atlanta with my family.
- 3- We own a duplex in a suburb of Toronto.
- 4- My rent is $1000 per month.
- 5- I live with my sister in an apartment.
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Sentence Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice