What is IELTS?
Test Format and Band Scores
How to Apply
Visit WWW for Help
Books for IELTS
What is IELTS
- IELTS is the International English Language Testing System
- Designed to assess the English language ability of people who intend to study
or work where English is the language of communication
- Total test time 2 hours and 45 minutes excluding brakes
- The listening material is a recording which you will hear only ONCE !!.
- Arange of English accents are used.
2 At the end, Candidates will be given 10 minutes to transfer the answers onto
the answer sheet.
- Spelling is important — can use both British and American spelling
4 Answer sheet has two sides.
A). One for Listening test.
B). One for Reading test.
- When count words Prepositions (in, of, to, at, etc) and Articles (a, an, the) all
count as a word.
- Each question is worth one mark.
- The problem Getting lost, losing concentration and missing the next
Questions 2 The solution .
- Read ahead and wait – DO NOT GO BACK!!
- Try and read as many questions as you can.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Decide what you’ re listening for.
- Predict the answer.
Transferring the answer:
- Transfer the answers in the reverse order.
- Start from part 4.
- Double check for spelling, capital letters and sentence agreement.
Section 1: Conversation (Two Speakers — based on social and
semi-official context — numbers, dates, times, quantities, sizes,
places and names)
Section 2: Monologue (A talk by a single speaker based on a non-
academic situation — welcome, introduction speech, direction and
Section 3: Conversation (2, 3 or 4 speakers – based on academic
and administration topics or course-related situations)
Section 4: Lecture