Crime, safety and police are topics that you should know how to talk about. Even if you do not experience crime first hand; you will hear and see crime talked about on the news and TV. It is a common topic.
- High Crime Rate- a lot of crimes in a certain area or year
- Low Crime Rate- few crimes in a certain area or year
- Victim of a crime- person that had a crime committed against them
In Case of an Emergency:
- Call the Police!
- Call 9-1-1!
Reporting a Crime/Problem:
- There is a fire at ________________. (state location or address)
- Someone has been hurt at ___________. (state location or address)
Arrested: the police detained a person
Charged with ___:
Ticket/Fine: Money you have to pay to the police or government for breaking or violating a law. (For
example: parking illegally, driving too fast, etc.)
List of Crimes/Problems:
- Robbed- something was taken without permission
- Pick pocketed- wallet was stolen/taken
- Car Jacked- car was robbed/removed from owner
- Car accident- cars hit each other and resulted in damage/injury
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Sentence Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice